When our dog Honey begin to have difficulties getting off the floor and walking, I felt compelled to find a homemade, nutritional alternative to mass-processed commercially bagged and canned dog food.
After only two to three weeks, the results were evident. After a couple months, her debilitating symptoms are gone! This recipe has truly been a life-saver and I cannot recommend it enough to maintain/improve the health of your ‘best friend(s)’.
Once you’ve made your batch, portion into storage bags and freeze. When ready to serve, microwave for 20-30 seconds and place the next day’s frozen portion into the fridge to thaw overnight.
*NOTE: If you have a larger dog, you can supplement with a vet-recommended dry dog food.
Please consider helping one of our Godstrong Women friends?
❤️ Keep your dog healthy and fit with this easy homemade recipe! It’s cheaper than many store-bought options and devoid of all the processing that is so common in commercial dog foods.
- 3 pounds of ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 pound bag of brown rice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 pound of washed spinach
- 8 ounces of washed carrots
- 12 ounce bag of frozen peas
- In a large pot, brown turkey (since turkey is lean, we do not drain after browning).
- Add brown rice and 1 cup of water.
- Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes (we use a setting of 4 for about 30 minutes).
- Dice or mince the zucchini, spinach, and carrots (a food processor is ideal).
- Stir in frozen peas and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the vegetable mixture, and allow time to cool.
- Portion 1 cup into each freezer bag and store!
*PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR PET’S VETERINARIAN AND USE PERSONAL JUDGMENT WHEN APPLYING THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR OWN DOG’S DIET.
Let us know your results in the comments below!